Thursday 27 August 2015

Bows VS Brows

                                                            Typical eyeBOW 1
     It is not news anymore that our eyebrows are the most defining parts of our make up. The first thing I look out for on woman's face is how her eyebrows are shaped, before going to her eyelining, lipsick and all.... I'm sure I have an "AMEN".
    As much as this is the most important thing, it has been the most frustrating thing for a lot of beautiful women. We seem to get the hang of concealing, applying lipsticks and so on, but in the bid to draw our brows, we most times end up with what I call "eyebows".... forming very funny shapes as these

                                                                Typical eyeBOW 2
    So now, the question is how do we give our faces that perfect finish and move around with that extra confidence that perfect eyebrows give?

#1. Allow for about 2-3 weeks between tweezes. With this, you can notice the natural growth pattern and shape of your eyebrows

#2. Make sure you are using a mirror big enough to let you see both eyebrows at the same time and ensure you are in a well lit up environment.N.B: You don't wanna underestimate this point

#3. Pick out or cut off hairs in the direction of growth

#4. Choose an eyebrow pencil that perfectly suits your skin colour. I look around and I see wine, purple, red eyebrows. *scoffs*. I wish they had half an idea of how unattractive that looks. That is an ABUSE OF FASHION. If you need to go through a professional make up artist to get the right pencils, I suggest that's better than "trial and error". I mean, if you can get it right once, why more?

#5. Run your fingers along your eyebrow bone. That's exactly where the line of your eyebrow should be. Don't try to arch your eyebrows too high above the bone, it will look so not real. Stay with the natural arch that complements your bone structure.

#6. Draw a slanted  line just below the brows, then draw another a little above them

#7. Using dots , LIGHTLY outline the shape you want your eyebrows to take

#8. Fill in your brows using tiny pencil strokes. Blend the strokes with an eyebrow brush. This will soften the lines, making them look natural.

#9. For the most attractive eyebrows, highlight the brows by following the shape already drawn out. You can do this using highlighting powder, concealer or eyeshadow. For me, I use a concealer. I very much prefer the look it gives me. So, you may wanna get a concealer for yours too.
     Lest I forget, never shave off all the hairs you have on your brows in the name of drawing the perfect eyebrows. I can "categorically tell you that" it gives an UGLY look. #noapologies. Think I'm not making sense? Compare "Typical eyeBOW 2" to "Typical eyeBROW 1" and let me know what your final resort is. #letstalkfashion
This may also help: 


No comments:

Post a Comment