Wednesday 26 August 2015

Beauty Ain't Pain... Heels Don't Have to Hurt!

     Wearing high heels has been the "sexy" for quite a number of years now. I mean, considering the new drop-dead gorgeous designs of these shoes we see in the markets over and over again..... come on mehn! Who will wanna resist?
     But when it's all said and done, we (women), with all the emotional and psychological boosts we get from wearing heels, tend to end up hurting. I bet about 90% of "high-heels loving" women like me go about with slip-ons in their bags and purses as a refuge to run to for when their feet start to hurt.
     Newsflash! I don't do that no more! Counter me all you want, it does not change the fact that I stand, walk on heels for hours and hours without having to change into flats and quite a number of women do this too. So, it is very possible to stand, walk around your offices, parties, conferences and other social gatherings on high heels without having to compromise.
     Trust me, I battled with this for quite a long time. I'm crazy about my high heels, I have to wear them, I want to be seen as classy from beginning to the end of a whole day. From trial and error, questions and research, I got liberated!
     I'm sure on your minds right now, y'all are like: "Yeah, right!" I can almost see your eyes rolling in unbelief. Lol.
     Here's how:
>>> Make sure you are wearing the right shoe size: In our eagerness to possess gorgeous shoes, we sometimes tend to damn the fact that a particular pair of shoes are too big or too small for us, yet we go ahead to purchase them because we just can't let go.
>>>Avoid thin soles.... Wear a platform instead, wear a thicker heel for stability to easen out some pressure by distributing weight almost equally round your foot
>>>Try a shoe with more coverage up top
>>>Wear open toes so as to reduce pressure on corns and calluses
>>>Most importantly, you know what your strengths and weaknesses are, as regards wearing shoes. Don't decieve or lie to yourself just cause you wanna be admired. I personally, won't call you classy if I see your legs all shaken up in your high heels or seeing you changing into your slip-ons every now and again. Wear heels with inch measurements that are most comfortable for you. There are "mad ass" pretty designs of heels in different inches. You stand, walk and stay longer in your heels when they are comfortable for you. Now, that's the real "sexy"! *Winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment