Monday 7 September 2015

The Best Bangs (Fringe) For Your Face Shape

 https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0c/64/38/0c64384e3d5584786c692cd7fb34c2cf.jpghttp://www.francisdrakeeyewear.com/mm5/images/faceshapes.jpg
Have you been longing to wear the fringe hairstyle, each time you try it out, it doesn't seem to look good on you. Yet, all your BFFs rock the hairstyle madly. Perhaps, you've concluded the hairstyle's not for you. Hey, don't give up just yet. I guarantee you, bangs are gonna look just perfect on you after you read this.
     A few years back, I had my first fringe done. Prior to that, I was so excited about it. I just couldn't wait. Every chic seemed to be rocking the hair perfectly. Well, as excited I was, I had shivers. What if it doesn't fit me... What if the stytlist doesn't get it right... bla bla bla. I had a lotta fearful questions on my mind. Anyways, so I did it and alas! it turned out PERFECT...Perfectly ugly! I was so ashamed to even leave the salon. I didn't know how to complain about it as the "stylist" was a lot older than me. I was too pained to cry. My fantasy was crushed. Just as I stepped out of the salon, I met a friend of mine who couldn't help but laugh as she saw me. There was no name she didn't call my "fringe". The worst description I remember she gave it was "a bucket". Trust me, you don't wanna see it. Anyways,I survived that period. Took off the hair as soon as I could And then I kept wondering what went wrong. I asked questions, went online and then, I saw the light. Lol. Since I found it, I get a lot of people asking me when next I'll wear the hairstyle as it has since looked amazing on me. Here's what I found:
     If you are black, you most likely can't wear bangs with your natural hair. So make sure your hair extensions are heat-friendly. I advice you go for 100% human hair whenever you wanna wear bangs. If your weaves ain't heat-friendly, you won't be able to curl up the bangs, giving it a very funny look and if you try to use the curling iron on it, you'll burn up your weave and make it look ugly and that's what we're trying to avoid, yeah?
     Here, a quick guide for choosing the right fringe for your face:
      If you have a round face: "Straight, blunt bangs are a big no for round faces—they accentuate fullness and shortness," says Jerome Lordet of Pierre Michel Salon in NYC. Instead, opt for thick (never wispy—they add even more softness), side-swept bangs that are cut or razored at a strong angle from short to long to create definition.
      If you have a long or square face: Long, heavy bangs that end mid-eyebrow work best and they look equally cool styled straight across as they do pushed to the side or parted down the middle.
 
      If you have an oval face: Oval faces are the most versatile shape. They look good with all parts and bangs, but they can pull off the drama of heavy, blunt styles best of all.
      
     If you have a heart-shaped face: The goal for those with heart-shaped faces is to balance out the thinner jawline with the wider forehead. Rather than full fringe, go for long, layered side bangs, which draw attention to the eyes, lips and middle of the face. The shortest piece should hit at the eyebrow and the longest should end at the top of the cheekbones.

MAINTAINING YOUR BANGS:
     Long bangs: Blow them dry with a big round boar-bristle brush. On damp hair, brush hair from side to side to smooth out any cowlicks. Make sure to get right at the roots to control any wave. When dry, run a flatiron over them if you want a straighter look. Then use hairspray if hair is fine and limp or serum if hair is dry and coarse 
     Short bangs: Use your fingers to push hair into shape and air-dry or blow-dry in downward direction  they don't stick straight up. Use wax for finish and texture definition. 
     Fringe: Use a flat brush and dry with a side-to-side motion. Piece out the strands with a good pomade.
     Side-swept: Blow forward at first with a round brush lifting at the hairline to give volume so bangs aren't stuck to the forehead. A big curling iron can also give a nice bend to the side. Finish with hairspray for hold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment